LAWRENCE — More than 100 companies and representatives will be on hand at the 2013 University Career Fair, which will be from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Feb. 13 in the Kansas Union.
Students from all majors and academic levels are encouraged to attend and learn more about internship and full-time job opportunities. A list of attending employers can be found online.
The University Career Center offers the following preparatory workshops leading up to the career fair:
- Make Your Resume Stand Out at the Career Fair: 4 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 29, 149 Burge Union
- Making the Most of the University Career Fair: 4 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 31, 149 Burge Union
- Making the Most of the University Career Fair: 4 p.m. Feb. 6, 149 Burge Union
- Got the Interview, Now What? 4 p.m. Feb. 7, 149 Burge Union
- Resume Review Day: 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Feb. 11, 110 Burge Union.
Before attending the University Career Fair, stop by the University Career Center office to check out the Professional Clothing Closet, which provides students access to free professional and business casual attire appropriate for career fairs, interviews and the workplace. Operated by student honor society Delta Epsilon Iota, the PCC is open 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday in the University Career Center, 110 Burge Union
Students who attend the career fair will have an opportunity to win an iPad mini after completing a survey. They can also take advantage of the UCC’s LinkedIn photo booth. This service is free to students.