LAWRENCE — “Jayhawks Around the World” is the theme for the 2013 University of Kansas Homecoming celebration, which will begin Sunday, Sept. 29, and feature daily activities leading up to the KU-Texas Tech football game Saturday, Oct. 5, in Memorial Stadium.
The KU Alumni Association and the student-led Homecoming Steering Committee selected the theme and accompanying logo to celebrate the University’s global reach in terms of international students and faculty, research discoveries that change the world, and the achievements of KU alumni, who live in 150 countries around the globe.
The student director of KU’s 101st Homecoming is Erica Witty, a senior from Kingman majoring in business management. She will work closely with Alumni Association staff members and advisers Caitlin Wise, student programs coordinator; Nikki Epley, director of reunions; and Jacey Krehbiel, alumni programs coordinator.
Other Steering Committee members and their duties include:
- Awards: Natalie Scott, a senior from Topeka majoring in psychology
- Campus Outreach: Abigail Buchanan, a junior from Chaska, Minn., majoring in business management and marketing; Rylie Durham, a senior from McKinney, Texas, majoring in journalism; and Danny Sanchez, a senior from Lenexa majoring in Spanish and global and international studies
- Community Outreach: Chloe Fischgrund, a junior from Leawood majoring in marketing; and Esteban Marquez, a senior from San Juan, Puerto Rico, majoring in human biology
- Publicity: Annie Drape, a junior from Leawood majoring in English and film
- Parade: Holly Lafferty, a senior from Fairway majoring in ecology and evolutionary biology, and Elle Rose, a senior from Hutchinson majoring in pharmacy.
As Homecoming preparations continue through the summer and early fall, the Alumni Association will post details about specific events at www.homecoming.ku.edu. Jayhawks also can follow KU Homecoming on Facebook and Twitter, @KU_Homecoming.