LAWRENCE — University of Kansas employees and the Lawrence community should anticipate heavy traffic around 15th and Iowa streets Friday, Aug. 23, for the primary move-in day for student housing residents. Traffic around Daisy Hill is expected to be heaviest from about 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. The most congested intersections are expected to be:
- 15th and Iowa streets
- Two locations on Daisy Hill: 15th Street and Engel Road and Irving Hill and Engel Road
- 19th Street and Naismith Drive, location of Oliver Residence Hall
- 11th and Louisiana streets, location of GSP-Corbin Residence Halls
This is the information sent to KU students regarding recommended traffic routes:
Templin, Lewis and Hashinger Halls
Arrive by taking 15th Street onto Engel Road.
• From Interstate 70: West Lawrence exit to Iowa Street. Turn left onto 15th Street and right onto Engel Road.
• From Kansas Highway 10: North on Iowa. Turn right onto 15th Street and right onto Engel Road.
McCollum and Ellsworth Halls
Use the Irving Hill Road bridge over Iowa Street toward the residence halls.
• From Interstate 70: West Lawrence exit to Iowa Street. Turn right onto 19th Street, right onto Constant Avenue, right onto Irving Hill Road. Cross bridge.
• From Kansas Highway 10: North on Iowa. Turn left onto 19th Street (toward west campus), right on Constant Avenue, right onto Irving Hill Road. Cross bridge.
Corbin, GSP, Oliver, Scholarship Halls
• No specific routes recommended.