LAWRENCE — The first research sharing session of the 2013-14 will be 4 p.m. Friday, Aug. 30, at The Commons.
The series, called Red Hot Research, is intended to bring together scholars from all disciplines in response to the call set forth by Bold Aspirations.
The format of these sessions is inspired by Pecha Kucha, which features short, slide-based talks that introduce audiences to a topic. Each installment will feature six faculty members, speaking for six minutes each. Audience members are encouraged to connect with the speakers (and each other) during breaks.
- Michael L. Wehmeyer, professor of special education with the Center on Developmental Disabilities and Beach Center on Disability
- Randal Jelks, associate professor of American Studies
- Kelly Kindscher, professor of environmental studies and senior scientist with the Kansas Biological Survey
- Stuart Day, chairperson and associate professor, Spanish & Portuguese
- Michelle Heffner Hayes, chairperson and professor, dance.