LAWRENCE — Twelve University of Kansas faculty members have been named senior administrative fellows for 2014-2015.
Fellows are selected annually from nominations and applications submitted during the spring semester from across campus. Fellows learn more about senior administration in higher education by meeting with senior administrators, visiting administrative units across campus, discussing national trends in academia and developing their leadership skills. The program has been in place for more than 20 years and will be directed by Marta Caminero-Santangelo, acting vice provost for faculty development, with the assistance of Jenny Mehmedovic, executive assistant to the vice provost for faculty development.
The new class of fellows:
• Paul Atchley, professor and associate chair, psychology, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
• Vince Barker, associate professor and Carl A. Scupin Faculty Fellow, School of Business
• Jennifer Hamer, professor, American Studies and African and African-American Studies, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
• Kissan Joseph, professor and Stockton Faculty Fellow, School of Business
• Mary Morningstar, associate professor, special education, School of Education
• Meagan Patterson, associate professor, psychology and research in education, School of Education
• Jorge Perez, associate professor and associate chair, Spanish and Portuguese, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
• Hossein Saiedian, professor and associate chair, electrical engineering and computer science, School of Engineering
• Christian Schoeneich, Takeru Higuchi Distinguished Professor and chair, pharmaceutical chemistry, School of Pharmacy
• Joy Ward, associate professor, ecology and evolutionary biology, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
• Beth Whittaker, assistant dean of distinctive collections, KU Libraries
• Mike Williams, associate professor and chair, William Allen White School of Journalism and Mass Communications.
All tenured faculty members at KU are eligible to apply. Requests for nominations and application instructions for the 2015-2016 senior administrative fellows will occur in April 2015.