LAWRENCE — University of Kansas employees and the Lawrence community should avoid the area around the Lied Center and Daisy Hill on Thursday, Aug. 21, which is the primary move-in day for student housing residents.
Traffic around Daisy Hill is expected to be heaviest from about 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. The most congested intersections are expected to be as follows:
- 15th Street and Iowa Street
- 15th Street and Crestline Drive
- 19th Street and Iowa Street
- Irving Hill Road will be restricted from Constant Avenue to Burdick Drive
For those who work on KU’s west campus, Becker Road will be open to local traffic only from Crestline to Constant Avenue. Irving Hill bridge (over Iowa Street) will be a one-way, eastbound road for move-in traffic only. Employees on west campus should be able to park in their regular parking lots. If you have questions about available parking on that day, call Parking and Transit, 864-PARK (7275).
There also will be congestion near 19th Street and Naismith Drive, location of Oliver Residence Hall, and 11th and Louisiana streets, location of GSP and Corbin residence halls.
All incoming Student Housing residents were sent a map of recommended travel routes and instructions about arriving at their community:
- Daisy Hill Residence Halls (Templin, Lewis, Hashinger, Ellsworth and McCollum): See move-in instructions here.
- Oliver, Corbin and GSP Residence Halls, and Scholarship Halls: See move-in instructions here.
- Move in day for Jayhawker Towers begins 8 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19.
For announcements related to severe weather during move-in day, tune to Kansas Public Radio at 91.5 FM. They will broadcast instructions if needed.