LAWRENCE — Several key University of Kansas departments are offering special information sessions and extended Saturday office hours to help new and returning students and their families prepare for Monday, Aug. 25, the first day of fall classes.
New students will participate in Super Service Saturday, coordinated by the Center for Community Outreach, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 23. Students will gather in the Kansas Union Ballroom and select a volunteer activity from 15 participating local agencies. There will also be a Volunteer Information Fair and a free pizza lunch.
The following offices will be open to serve students from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Aug. 23 prior to Super Service Saturday:
- The Office of First-Year Experience
- Undergraduate Advising Center
- Center for Undergraduate Research
- Enrollment and Financial Aid Services, 121 Strong Hall and the KU Visitor Center service desk
- International Student Services
- Student Money Management Services
- KU Info
- Bursar’s Office
KU Info will host general information tables across campus, including locations on Wescoe Beach, in the Watson Gateway and in the Strong Hall Rotunda. These general information tables will assist students and parents with locating offices and finding the right services for the start of the academic year. Tables will operate during the following times:
Strong Hall Rotunda only
- Thursday, Aug. 21, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 22, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Wescoe Beach, Watson Gateway and Strong Hall Rotunda
- Monday, Aug. 25, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 26, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
The Kansas and Burge Unions will have extended hours Saturday, Aug. 23:
- Kansas Union, 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
- KU Bookstore & Jayhawk Ink, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- The Market, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- The Roasterie Coffeehouse, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Commerce Bank, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Jaybowl, 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Student Money Management, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Burge Union, 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
- KU Bookstore, 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Collab, Noon-10 p.m.
- IT Customer Service Walk-up Window, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Apartment Living, 7 a.m.-10 p.m.